Would you like to be involved with Alabama EARS but aren't sure where to start? We can always use more "paws." There are so many things you can do to help.
- Become a member. Your $10 per year membership donation is deductible. For details click here.
- Spread the word about us! Tell your friends, family and co-workers that we exist. Let everyone you know that bunnies can be litter box trained, that they make wonderful indoor companions for adults, and that spay and neuter can (and should) be done by a rabbit- savvy veterinarian.
- Donate your gently used items for our garage sales. (Donations are tax-deductible.)
- Post fliers at animal clinics, libraries, supermarkets, drug stores, etc. Contact us and we will happily send you fliers. to post.
- Come to our Hay Day "parties" where we fill boxes with fresh hay. The profits go towards the cost of spay and neuter of foster buns.
- Purchase a box of hay or toys for YOUR bun: Dr. Atlas and the folks at Riverview Animal Clinic donate 100% of the profits of hay & bunny-safe toy sales to Alabama EARS. So when you buy a box of premium Oxbow hay , or a fun toy for Buns, you can feel warm and fuzzy twice: first when you feed your bun a quality hay or give him a toy to toss or chew, and second when you know your purchase helps out the foster buns. The Hay and Toy fund is how we pay for the majority of our spay, neuter and medical expenses. So next time you need hay (or toys), think of Riverview and you'll be thinking of the EARS buns!
- Donate items from our wish list. For a list of current needs click here.
- Help in a foster home - play with foster rabbits, brush and cut nails, and clean litterboxes. To view our foster homes click here.
- Donate a bag of food (Purina Hi-Fiber Rabbit diet) or some clean veggies for the foster rabbits.
- Attend educational events - help explain what we do and help educate others about domestic rabbit care, behavior and what it is like to live with a house rabbit.
- Make a tax deductible donation. The number of bunnies we save a year depends largely on the generosity of our members and the pubic.
- Visit local shelters and help give the rabbits exercise time while you deliver hay and other bunny supplies.
- Be a foster mom or dad - Do you have a little extra space where you can take in a cage or two of bunnies? It is so rewarding to "bring a bunny back to life" then see him go to his forever home.
- Fun Bun Money - Take home one of our Fun-Bun Money Jars and save all of your spare change to help a foster bunny. For details click here.
- Bun to Bun Sponsors - Your bunny can sponsor one of our foster bunnies and your rabbit's photo will be on our website! For details click here.
- Are you "crafty"? Are you interested in donating handmade items such as bunny safe toys, samplers, or other crafts to EARS? Some of our most popular items at the Bunny Boutique are generously made by members who have creativity and talent in arts and crafts.
- Have an idea that isn't on the list? Thinking of volunteering but you want more information first? Send us an email! We'd love to hear from you!
Why We Volunteer
Meet Matilda. She was one of several rabbits who came to EARS after being confiscated from a large-scale breeding operation.
Like so many of our bunnies, with a little time in foster care, Mattie became a happy, active rabbit who thoroughly enjoys being properly spoiled by humans. We are thrilled that she is now in her forever home and has both a best girl and a best boy bunny friend. Lucca, Mattie and Coconut have the best life and all those induldgences we want for all bunnies. Congratulations Matilda!